Patient Transport Coordinator
Job Title: Patient Transport Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Supervisor/Lead Dispatcher Communications Director
A patient transport coordinator will receive medically emergent transportation requests from agencies and dispatch the appropriate aircraft or ground unit for the patient transport. Candidates for this position must be detail oriented, able to multitask, and communicate effectively while maintaining the highest standard of customer service.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Receive all incoming transport requests and coordinate the air or ground transport in its entirety
- Communicate with medical crew, pilots, and local agencies to ensure timely and efficient patient transports
- Provide excellent customer service in a timely, professional, and respectful manner
- Coordinate transports by means of the LifeSave Mission Control Software
- Use of Computer Assisted Dispatching Software, Computer Based Radios, and other programs to coordinate patient transports
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively
- Must be able to multi-task in a stressful and noisy environment
- Must be able to type an average of 40 wpm or higher
- Must be able to operate a computer and computer programs with no assistance
- EMT or medical background
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous dispatch or transport coordination experience
- Knowledge of air medical transportation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email email@example.com your resume, area of interest, and contact information.