Title: EMT (on-call)
Reports to: Medical Base Manager
Location: Emporia, KS
The EMT is an on-call position that will work in a fast-paced atmosphere while maintaining a safe environment for patients. The main function of this position is to assist the medical staff on duty in transporting sick and injured persons safely and quickly, as well as maintain the vehicle’s mission readiness.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Flight crew with patient loading.
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions.
- Cleans and Maintains equipment.
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by LifeSave superiors.
- Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles.
- Completes various errands as requested such as retrieving and delivering supplies, instruments, test results, and so forth.
- Collaborates with team members by sharing relevant information; demonstrating initiative, and supporting team decisions and work life of the department.
- Inspects and maintains vehicle daily for cleaning and safety issues.
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances. Must ensure an adequate supply of equipment needed for patient care and is responsible for stocking items such as: linens, wall mounts, thermometer probes, etc.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Must interact in a professional manner with facility staff and team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the broader health care community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Current Kansas certified EMT in good standing
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass motor vehicle records check
- Must be able to respond to the ambulance within 20 minutes located
at Newman Regional Health
- Additional experience in service related healthcare occupation is a plus
- CEVO training – ability to pass within 30 days
The work requires the incumbent to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract injured persons from a wide variety of situations. EMTs will be issued and must wear Department issued uniforms while on duty; additionally EMTs will be responsible for, the maintenance and cleaning of uniforms, as well as all issued equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email email@example.com your resume, area of interest, and contact information.