Reports to: Medical Base Manager
General Statement of Duties
Provides Advanced Life Support including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency and non-emergency situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital or in-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to lesser trained personnel; performs other duties as required.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Provides and directs fast, efficient Advanced Life Support to the ill and injured utilizing all basic and advanced abilities and techniques.
- Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis;
- Performs critical physical examinations;
- Recognizes common cardiac dysrhythmias and understands the principles and treatment modalities for life threatening dysrhythmias;
- Understands and anticipates the pharmacological treatment of critically ill and injured patients;
- Understands and anticipates potentially life-threatening sequelae of non-cardiac emergencies and institutes appropriate emergency therapy where essential for the preservation of life;
- Deals with medical and emotional needs of any victim of acute illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and morbidity;
- Responsible for quality patient-care as established by the Department;
- Files standardized reports of patient information and care for the use of receiving hospital and administration, including nature of request for aid, pertinent past history, therapy provided diagnosis, disposition and sufficient patient information for billing purposes;
- Maintains effective communication with physician to relate patient condition and obtain orders for treatment;
- Follows standard written protocols when a physician cannot be contacted;
- Transports the ill and injured to institutions of medical care;
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions;
- Cleans and maintains equipment;
- Properly completes patient statistics and medical information forms for administrative use;
- Maintains a safe and clean living and working area;
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by LifeSave superiors.
Additional Examples of Work Performed
- Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles;
- Cleans and maintains living quarters;
- Maintains records of vehicles, supplies, training and daily work; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Submit to random background and alcohol/drug testing
The Medical Base Manager makes assignments in terms of shifts to be worked and the general scope of the work assignment. The incumbent performs the work in accordance with the procedures, policies and medical orders provided. The incumbent must exercise judgment in applying the proper guideline to the proper situation. The work is spot checked and evaluated on the basis of feedback from the patient, medical staff and others.
- Current Kansas certified Paramedic in good standing or Licensed Registered Nurse
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- Must submit and agree to vehicle insurance provider background assessment
- Preference will be given to applicants who have one-year experience as a Paramedic or RN.
The work requires the incumbent to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract injured persons from a wide variety of situations.
Paramedics/ Nurses will be issued and must wear Department issued uniforms while on duty; additionally Paramedics/ Nurses will be responsible for, the maintenance and cleaning of uniforms, as well as all issued equipment.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands
to perform medical procedures and assessments, reach with hands and arms, and
speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required
to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The
employee is required to maintain adequate physical conditioning to be able to
perform job duties. Job duties are often performed at high stress levels requiring
employee to function effectively and independently while maintaining good working
relationships with partners, patients, and customers.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving
mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions; and is frequently exposed to
blood-borne pathogens or airborne particles, fumes and gases, electrical and
chemical hazards, and vibrations/turbulence. Pre-employment and annual physicals
are encouraged to include appropriate immunizations as required, back screening,
and a PPD skin test for tuberculosis.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, requiring hearing protection
while in-flight, and at a moderate level when in the hospital environment. Pre-employment
and annual audiograms are recommended to monitor for hearing loss.
Noise attenuation devices will be provided to all employees, but it is the employee’s
responsibility to utilize these devices to prevent hearing loss.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email email@example.com your resume, area of interest, and contact information.