EMT / EMT-I / AEMT
Title: EMT / EMT-I / AEMT
Reports to: Medical Base Manager
Provides Basic Life Support including medical evaluation, treatment and stabilization of the critically ill and injured; responds to emergency and non-emergency situations involving potential loss of life or bodily injury; maintains control, manages and directs patient care at the scene of a pre-hospital or in-hospital emergency; provides training and instruction to lesser trained personnel; performs other duties as required.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides and directs fast, efficient Basic Life Support to the ill and injured utilizing all basic abilities and techniques.
- Recognizes and understands a medical emergency and makes reasonable and acceptable differential diagnosis.
- Performs critical physical examinations.
- Understands and anticipates potentially life-threatening sequelae and institutes appropriate emergency therapy where essential for the preservation of life.
- Deals with medical and emotional needs of any patient of illness or injury with the goal of reducing mortality and morbidity.
- Responsible for quality patient care as established by LifeSave.
- Files standardized reports of patient information and care for the use of receiving hospital and administration, including
- Nature of request for aid
- Pertinent past history
- Therapy provided diagnosis
- Disposition and sufficient patient information for billing purposes
- Maintains effective communication with physician to relate patient condition and obtain orders for treatment.
- Follows standard written protocols when a physician cannot be contacted.
- Transports the ill and injured to institutions of medical care; provides care in concert with Advanced Life Support providers.
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions.
- Cleans and Maintains equipment.
- Properly completes patient statistics and medical information forms for administrative use
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by LifeSave superiors.
- Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles.
- Cleans and maintains living quarters.
- Current Kansas certified EMT or EMT-I or AEMT in good standing
- Valid Kansas driver’s license
- Must submit and agree to vehicle insurance provider background assessment
- Preference will be given to applicants who have one-year experience as a prehospital provider.
The work requires the incumbent to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract injured persons from a wide variety of situations.
Paramedics will be issued and must wear Department issued uniforms while on duty; additionally Paramedics will be responsible for, the maintenance and cleaning of uniforms, as well as all issued equipment.
The Medical Base Manager makes assignments in terms of shifts to be worked and the general scope of the work assignment. The incumbent performs the work in accordance with the procedures, policies and medical orders provided. The incumbent must exercise judgment in applying the proper guideline to the proper situation. The work is spot checked and evaluated on the basis of feedback from the patient, medical staff and others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, area of interest, and contact information.