Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reports to: Communications Supervisor/Lead Dispatcher Communications Director
Coordinate and guide transport operations and performs a variety of functions to ensure the physical well being of patients and transport teams.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and dispatch of Emergent Air/Ground transports.
- Coordinate confirmation on acceptance of bed and receiving physician
- Mapping coordinates for helicopter scene transports.
- Coordinate ground transport at both referring and receiving airports.
- Price Quotes and coordinate with billing for non-emergent air/ground transports.
- Critical Access Network Program/
- Answering and Event notifications for MERGe,FORCe,HELP, and LEAD.
- Flight following for Lifeteam and other helicopter agencies.
- Data Base Entry.
- Completion of all Communications Records.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of accepted radio communications, law enforcement, local ambulance services, regional geography and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the organization.
- Computer skills.
- Several years of dispatch experience is preferred.
- EMT or Medical terminology.
- Must be able to work closely with other communication specialist
- Must be able to work in a stressful and noisy Environment.
- Must be able to Multi-task.
- Must be able type
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, area of interest, and contact information.