Title: Billing Specialist
Reports to: Senior Patient Account Representative / Billing Office Manager / Billing Director
Responsible for the preparation of claims and related documentation required for the daily billing process. Assist Billing Director with obtaining documentation for Medicare appeals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Contact referring physicians to obtain medical necessity letters
- Verify all supporting documentation is attached to electronic chart
- Obtain missing documentation via crewmembers, hospitals, or patient
- Follow up on all outstanding documentation
- Prepare HCFA claim forms
- Attach any required supporting documentation
- Prepare and mail all medical records request
- Follow up for payment of medical record fees
- Prepare copies of charts for Medicare and faxing each chart with request letter to Medicare in a timely manner
- Filing as necessary
This position requires good communications skills and a basic understanding of ambulance billing processes and Medicare guidelines. Computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Become a LifeSaver Today.
LifeSave prides itself on hiring highly skilled and passionate professionals. Pilots, nurses, paramedics, maintenance technicians, communications specialists, billing advocates, and administrative staff all contribute to our mission of providing safe, exceptional care to our patients.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume, area of interest, and contact information.