LifeSave Membership Terms & Conditions
AirMD, LLC (d/b/a LifeSave) offers a membership that provides prepaid protection against LifeSave air ambulance costs that are not covered by a member’s insurance or medical benefits, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Transport by a LifeSave air ambulance will be to the closest appropriate medical facility for medical conditions that are deemed by an attending medical
professional to be life-or limb-threatening, or that could lead to permanent disability, and which require emergency transport. A patient’s medical condition dictates whether or not air ambulance transportation is appropriate and required. Under all circumstances, LifeSave retains for determining whether or not a patient is flown.
- LifeSave may not be available when requested due to factors beyond Life’s control, such as use of the appropriate aircraft by another patient or other circumstances governed by operational requirements or restrictions including, but not limited to, equipment manufacturer limitations, governmental regulations, maintenance requirements, patient size or weather conditions. Federal Aviation Administration restrictions prohibit LifeSave from flying in inclement weather conditions.
- LifeSave is not an insurance company. LifeSave membership is not an insurance policy and cannot be considered as a secondary insurance coverage or a supplement to any insurance coverage. LifeSave will not be responsible for payment for services provided by another ambulance service. Members who have insurance or other benefits that cover the cost of ambulance services are financially liable for the cost of services up to the limit of any available insurance or benefit coverage. In return for payment of the membership fee, LifeSave will consider all air ambulance costs not covered by any insurance or benefits available to the member to have been fully prepaid. LifeSave reserves the right to bill directly the appropriate insurance or benefits provider for services rendered, and members authorize their insurer or benefits provider to pay any covered amounts to LifeSave directly. Members agree to remit to LifeSave any payment received from insurance or benefit providers for air medical services provided by Life, not to exceed regular charges.
- Some state laws prohibit Medicaid beneficiaries from being offered membership or being accepted into membership programs. By applying, members certify to LifeSave that they are not Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Membership begins 15 days after LifeSave receives a complete application with full payment; however, the waiting period may be waived for unforeseen events occurring during such time. Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous terms and conditions between a member and Life, including any other writings, or oral representations, relating to the terms and conditions of membership.
I agree to abide by all LifeSave terms and conditions. Also, if selected I authorize LifeSave to initiate the recurring credit card charge as indicated above. I may change or cancel this recurring payment by notifying LifeSave in writing. All notifications must be received by the first of the month in order to alter the month’s transaction.